- The range of Local area network is about 1 km i.e., 100 meters.
- It can be expanded by using switches.
- It is used to connect various networks at very small distances.
- Generally used to connect various nodes of a single building.
- Example – Schools, Colleges.
What is LAN?
- LAN stands for local area network which is used to connect various nodes within a small range.
- It is used to share various information, data as well as resources.
What is a node?
- A computer/system which is connected with the network is termed as the node.
- For example, your smartphone with the internet.